Public Case History Instructions
You can search the Public Case History database using one of four items: (1) the first name of a party contained in the title; (2) the last name of a party contained in the title; or (3) the appeal number. For example:
- When searching by first name - You might enter the name, Charles. You will receive all cases that contain the first name of Charles.
- When searching by last name - You might enter the name, Jones. You will receive all cases that contain the last name of Jones.
- When searching by appeal number - You might enter the full appeal number (for example, E2008-02744-COA-R3-CV) or a portion of the number (for example, E2008-02744) - You will receive cases that contain the appeal number entered.
- After you have clicked "OK" and submitted a particular case number, it may take as much as 30 seconds to generate the Public Case History Report.
- Only those appeals in which the record was filed after September 1, 2006 are included in this data base.
- Certain types of appeals are not included; such as parental termination appeals and appeals originating from juvenile court.
- the data contained in the public history is current as of end of the prior business day.
- The public case history does not become accessible until the appellate record is filed in the appellate court