The Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Assistant. The Commission was established by the Tennessee Supreme Court through Supreme Court Rule 21 to oversee the mandatory continuing legal education (MCLE) of over 20,000 attorneys licensed to practice in Tennessee. The Commission is also responsible for Tennessee’s certification program for attorney specialists.
The Executive Assistant is the first line of communication with the public and attorneys. The Executive Assistant must have a high-level of verbal and written communication skills and will perform a variety of duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Operates and/or utilizes a variety of standard business and office machines and equipment including: calculators, copy machines, telephones, typewriters, fax machines and computers,
- Greets and directs all “walk-in” traffic,
- Answers multiple telephone lines, directing callers to appropriate staff and answers questions as appropriate,
- Sorts, date stamps, opens and scans the mail and attribute faxes,
- Records data as required, and directs tasks to the most appropriate individual for efficient handling in accordance with job descriptions,
- Sets up and maintains a variety of records and files and maintains confidential files,
- Prepares court documents and legal correspondence for the Director and the Associate Director,
- Treats the Court, the Commission, co-workers, lawyers, providers and citizens fairly, consistently, and with respect,
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director or Associate Director.
Minimum Education and Experience: Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school and experience equivalent to two years of full-time increasingly responsible secretarial work; additional qualifying education at an accredited college, business school or technical institute in secretarial science may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis to a maximum of two years.
The salary range for this position is $24,000 to $28,000.
For more information call: