The Administrative Office of the Courts has received 5 applications for the seat on Judicial Nominating Commission created by the death of commission member Elizabeth T. Collins.
The comment period is now open and the Administrative Office of the Courts invites public comment regarding the applicants. Comments will be open until 4:30 p.m. CST Thursday, June 13. The public may submit comments via email to email@example.com or via mail to:
AOC/Judicial Nominating Commission
Attn: Debbie Hayes
511 Union St Suite 600
Nashville, TN 37219
After the comment period, the Lieutenant Governor will have 14 days to fill the vacancy on the commission. The newly appointed commissioner will serve out the remainder of commission member Collins’ term, which ends June 30, 2013 – the date the statutory provisions for the nominating commission expire.
The applicants are:
- Bradford D. Box, Attorney, Rainey, Kinzer, Reviere and Bell, PLLC, Madison County
- Thomas Verner Smith, Attorney, Madison County
- Charles T. Tuggle, Jr., EVP & General Counsel of FIrst Horizon National Corporation, Shelby County
- Art D. Wells, Attorney, Madison County
- Stacie Smith Winkler, Associate General Counsel, The Regional Medical Center at Memphis, Shelby County